March 28, 2024, 01:38:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to my personal forum. The site is still undergoing some maintenance. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Home Help Login Register  

How to compress your PSP games

Shoutbox
June 08, 2021, 01:46:19 am velkoon: jk I found it hehe http://www.pspthemecentral.com/PSP/download/PSP-Game-themes/Metal_Gear_Solid_3.8.aspx
June 08, 2021, 01:11:30 am velkoon: Hi, a user was looking for a Metal Gear Portable Ops theme here: https://www.reddit.com/r/PSP/comments/nug9h3/guys_where_can_i_find_this_theme_though_i/ It seems you may have had it in this collection: http://downloadpspgames.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,11.msg114.html . It would be SO awesome if you could share it if you still have the ptf file! Thank you! Smiley
October 12, 2017, 03:29:52 pm jcpantola: I'm glad my website is still active. It's been a long time since my last visit. my filetrip account had been closed and i lost all of my uploads. i'm sorry for the inconvenience. i will update all the details here soon. Thank you and God Bless.
February 28, 2015, 01:47:13 am jcpantola: Kamen Rider Black http://downloadpspgames.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,1354.msg2296.html#msg2296
February 18, 2015, 10:51:46 am jcpantola: Kamen Rider Black RX http://www.orendsrange.com/2014/07/kamen-rider-black-rx-now-fully-subbed.html
August 12, 2014, 11:58:12 pm jcpantola: 6.20/6.35/6.39 PROMOD C1 Fix3 and 6.60 PROMOD C1 Fix4 http://downloadpspgames.smfforfree4.com/index.php/topic,1709.msg2773.html#msg2773
View Shout History
Members Online
2 Guests, 0 Users
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to compress your PSP games  (Read 850 times)
jcpantola
Site Owner
Administrator

PS3 4.65

View Profile WWW
« on: December 24, 2009, 05:30:29 pm »

How to compress your PSP games

This will be my update on my guide on how to compress your psp games.

Disclaimer: The game in this guide is just an example to give you an idea how the process works. you can use any game that you want. Psp games that have "munge files" or compressed files (like .BIN, .PKG. etc.) like Tekken 5, Final Fantasy Crisis Core... i can not teach you how to edit or extract them. Don't expect to much. lol!
Everything is explained in my own words. --JC/Riskbreaker

-Some of you gamers out there may already know how to use UMDGEN, i will explain here the basic steps in editing your psp games. i have included the use of "filetxt" which i did not include in my previous guide. My guide is now simplified for easy understanding of the process. Enjoy!

-you can delete the files that you don't want in the game or use "RELINK". you can skip "RELINK" if you want to have full videos or complete story of the game you're trying to edit/rip.

Take note:
-Some psp games crashes when you try to edit them. Example: Tekken 6. Always keep a back up of your files.

-when using relink, pls be advised that the relinked files will have the same output as the source file that you have choosen. you can expect that they will have same cutscenes or music throughout the game.

click pics to Download UMDGEN 4.0

Steps:

1. Run UMDGEN and click on the OPEN tab and Select a game that you want to compress.

Example: Let's try Daxter
Untouched ISO: 1340.72gb

2. Before you edit the game, click on "File", select "File List", select "Export". Save the .txt file as the name of the game example "Daxter.txt".

In some cases, some edited games wont work when the game itself detected there's a missing file or removed files from the ISO, they called this as LBA protected files. You can use "import" from the file list and select your SAVED (game).txt file as a way of bypassing the security.

3. Click on dummy search, umdgen will convert the dummy files to zero kb.

4. Click the "USRDIR" folder, and you will see several folders.

5. Ask yourself, what files do you want to delete... In general, the reason why some games have big sizes because of the languages it carries. It contains the same data, videos, dialogs, translated in different languages with the same or bigger file size.

In my guide, i will remove all other languages except ENGLISH, check each folders for other languages.

6. Click the "SYSDIR" folder, and you will see the "UPDATE" folder (which contains the Sony Official Firmware included in UMD GAME), you can delete this folder... however in some cases if the game freezes/crashes, make sure you have a back up of the game.

If the game freezes/crashes after removing the "UPDATE" folder, use the saved "FILETXT" (pls read step 2)
repeat the steps 1-6.

click on "File", select "File List", select "Import". Select "Daxter.txt"

A message will show up "Do you want to force file positions to Filelist positions?" select "YES" and proceed with step 7.

How to "RELINK"
-"RELINK" process allows you to merge selected files together having one single file as their source having the same size, data and properties.
-you can relink the videos "PMF=playstation Media File" and music/bgm "AT3=Atrac Audio File". Select a file that you want to be the source.

-select all the files that you want to be relinked to the source.

-you will noticed that the selected files turns BLUE and have the same file information

-when using relink, pls be advised that the relinked files will have the same output as the source file. you can expect that they will have the same cutscenes or music throughout the game.

-Sometimes during the editing process, the game crashes/freezes. It's a matter of trial and errors. Don't forget to back up your original iso.

This is the my relinked "Daxter.cso"

if your intention is just for fun or fast gaming you can definitely use relink.

7. After you have edited/ripped your psp game, you can now save the file. click the "save" icon" and select your file format.
Take note: Some games when you save it as "CSO" you may experience a "slow down or lag" during gameplay (example is God of War Chains of Olympus). Better test the game in both ISO and CSO to find out if there are any changes in game speed then decide which is better.

If you used a game filetxt (pls read step 2), when you save the file as ISO... your edited/ripped psp game will render the same file size like the original. Use game filetxt when needed, some games works fine without filetxt, try to explore other ways of editing your psp games, and always keep a back up of your iso/cso.

in this example i used "cso", i have saved the game as "Daxter.cso".

Check the difference below between the untouched iso and the edited cso.

Untouched ISO 1340.72gb > edited to 711mb

it's your option to choose what is best for your edited game.
i prefer to have a small size full game but not relinked. Check my compressed Assassins Creed Bloodlines click here

That's it for today. i hope you learned something on my guide.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

B l a c k - R a i n V.2 by C r i p
Bookmark this site! | Upgrade This Forum
SMF For Free - Create your own Forum